Monday, February 2, 2009

Reinstalling winXP on my dual boot system

Well that doesnot seem like easy....?!?
I have a dual boot system - I installed winXP first and then installed fedora 10. It took me at least couple of hours over two or three days to customize my fedora install.
The problem is I have a problem with my windows install and wish to reinstall it. But won't the fresh install rewrite the grub ? If so then fedora won't be available even if it is still around, becoz the fresh install would write MBR over the grub stage 1.
So the solution could be in first backing up the grub and the partition table first, then install windows and finally reinstall grub with the partition table back over the MBR on the superblock , from within the windows install.
But the question is how to do it ?

No comments:

Post a Comment